My wife and I went and watched The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D over the weekend. First comment, 3D is a ripoff (not like the personalized baby blankets we have for sale … shameless plug). At $14 a ticket for a 3D movie, it’s no wonder we go see movies like 3 times a year. Here are some other thoughts and comments coming from a HUGE Narnia fan:
- Did some thing very well and others poorly.
- Overall, it seemed a bit choppy. It seemed at moments the movie was furthering the movie’s story (mist, dark island, etc.) and at others were implying knowledge from the book. Seemed odd.
- The Lone Islands scenes were horrible. There were like 4 extras at the slave auctions. Whole scene was to have some action clips, which were unnecessary.
- The theme of evil originating from within, though not in the book, was an excellent addition.
- Lucy was great again.
- Good casting on Eustace. Hard to understand at times, but he was definitely a Scrubb.
- Brutal minimization of Aslan returning Eustace from a dragon to a boy.
- Good job on Reepicheep. Though, they could have explained his prophecy a bit clearer (and the water being sweet, etc.). It was cool when he got to adventure into Aslan’s country.
- More Hollywood was added then was needed. I wish they would just make the movies as written (which could be done, BBC, but with todays technology. Instead, they try to do too much with the stories. Pity.)
Overall, it was fun to go watch, but I fear for the end of the line of the Narnia series. Can’t see these movies making enough money for Fox to keep going.Filed under Baby Blankets | Tags: dawn treader, movie review, narnia | Comments Off