Going green knows no age. Eco-friendly practices and product options are becoming widespread and attainable. Even your baby can go green with organic blankets! At blanketmybaby.com, you can find products made of GOTS certified organic cotton or an organic bamboo blend.
Organic products can have environmental, health, societal and other benefits. Some specific benefits include:
- Organic products have increased benefits for babies and children. Because of their high metabolism and low body weights, children are especially susceptible to toxins. The young brain develops rapidly from conception to age three. Babies absorb more toxins per pound of body weight than adults. It is especially important during these years to choose toxin-free products.
- Organic products are typically free from harmful chemicals and toxins.
- Organic farming is sustainable, improves soil health, provides healthier habitats for neighboring wildlife and has many other environmental, societal and cultural benefits.
- By choosing organic products, you are contributing to the reduction of toxic chemicals in the environment, released from synthetic pesticides and other chemicals used in agriculture.
- Organic farming helps to improve local water quality by eliminating or reducing the runoff of harmful chemicals into local waterways and by protecting ground water and drinking water supplies from chemical contamination.
See our blog (www.blanketmybaby.com/blog) for more information on organic baby blankets and other products.